Almost in time for the holidays this year, Verizon announced the availability of its FiOS TV services in La Quinta, Indio, Palm Desert, Bermuda Dunes, Coachella and Indian Wells. All of three FiOS services FiOS TV, FiOS Internet and FiOS Digital Voice will be available to about 55000 homes and businesses in the region.
More than 540 digital channels will be broadcasting through FiOS TV in Coachella Valley. 113 channels will be in HD quality. CNN en Español, Galavisión, ESPN Deportes and 28 other popular Spanish channels are available as a package to FiOS TV subscribers. La Conexión package is also one of the options as an English & Spanish set of more than 125 channels (including up to 14 HD and 31 Spanish channels).
Major popular features coming with Verizon FiOS to the region are:
- 19000 monthly VOD (Video-On-Demand) titles -3300 in HD and 70% free of charge –as opposed to renting DVDs.
- FiOS IMG (Interactive Media Guide)
- Home Media DVR –view, record, pause and rewind on any of the 3 TV sets at home
- DVR programming through internet or cell phone
- Social Networking (Facebook, twitter etc.) and widgets on FiOS TV
- Media Manager software to relay Music, Pictures and Videos to FiOS TV
- FREE installation for up to 3 TV outlets
- FiOS Internet up to 50 Mbps down /35 Mbps up
- FREE Verizon Wi-Fi access on the go (for subscribers with 20 Mbps and up)
- FiOS Digital Voice with enhanced calling features
- Worry-free-guarantee that allows new subscribers to cancel the service in 30 days with no termination fees.